Saturday, July 23, 2011

food for a soul

Bismillah..
Assalamualaikum.

It's a beautiful Saturday. It was too beautiful that I overslept. I woke up at 7.04 am. Ashamed and shocked.
But I have reason for that. I was preparing the salad for our breakfast at 12 am/1 am so that we'll be eating the salad sejuk-sejuk on the next morning. That night, I was alone in our small kitchen, with scratching sound at the ceiling and that made me like having a recurrent heart attack. If cicak yang scratch-scratch, I don't really mind. but if it was, you know..the creature with bau-bau bacang dengan hamster but with long tail and usually grayish black in colour. Oh, my. I could cry.

So, I woke up. it was 7.04am! What I got in my mind is "hey, you kena amek gambar untuk MATTA weyhhh" and MATTA will be started at 7.30am. Oh, my! I rushed. Took bath in a rush, but completely, had breakfast (the salad), called taxi. and yadaaa at around 8 we left our Raudhah (our home)

MATTA stands for Majlis Tahfiz and Tilawah Al-Quran. But this really genius girl didn't bring her tafsir. and as been told early, there will be ceramah about Al-Quran, she once again acted like a genius by not bringing her notebook. Super genius and yup, it was me. So, I was like okay, have I really prepared myself for the ilmu? have I?

So, I listened and tried to concentrate. First, it started with Quran reciting by a tahfiz, a husband of my senior. *jealous with the newlyweds*. And then, the ceramah began. It was about Al-Quran.The main importance of Al-Quran to us. To every human. As recited in Quran,

Al-Baqarah: 2
This is the Book; in it is guidance sure, without doubt, to those who fear Allah;



And, I was touched when the ustaz told us about 4 types of human confronting Al-Quran
1. Human that the light from Quran is blocked by anger
2. Human that the light from Quran is blocked by desire duniawi
3. Human that the light from Quran is neither blocked by anger nor desire.
4. Human that the light from Quran diffuse into his/her heart.

I was really touched with the 4th one which is the best one. The ustaz gave us an example. An icon. Allahyarhamah Ustazah Yoyoh. A mother with 13 children. A teacher in a few places. An a'bid that recited Quran about 3 juzu' per day. And, on 21st May, she had her last breath with the last kalimah "Laa ilaha illallah..". Not only that, 2 days before she was gone, she SMSed a few of her friends. a long one. The content is, she was doubtful with her position in the Hereafter. She compared herself with Khadijah, Aisyah', Ummu Sulaim, Asma' Abu Bakar. Those were the among greatest Sahabiahs of Rasulullah. She felt very tiny compared to them. But, subhanallah, she met her ajal with the holy words. The 'kesaksian' Laa ilaha illallah.." and during reciting Quran.

I compared myself with her. I haven't recited Quran as much as her. I haven't been to anywhere to give ilmu to other people. I haven't had enough ilmu too. I haven't had enough amal for the counting day. And what if it's the time for malaikat maut to take my live, have I well-prepared?

No comments:

Post a Comment